If you are expecting a baby or in the first few weeks of living with a newborn,
you may wish to find out about newborn behavior and learn about your baby's needs.
The Parent Prep 4th Trimester workshop can help you to 'read your baby' and understand and meet their own unique needs.
We will look at how to calm and settle them, increase your confidence and how you can have a smoother transition to life with a newborn!
We will work with the use of educational videos, hands on work with your baby, or the Parent Prep 'stunt babies'.
• What is normal newborn behaviour.
• How to know when your baby is ready for sleep.
• Settling and baby calming techniques.
• Infant cues, behavioural states and normal sleeping patterns
• How to prevent your baby from becoming over tired.
• How to settle your baby when you're out and about.
• Sleep associations.
• How to maximize rest for you, the parents.
• Parent Prep Nurses are qualified providers of 'Newborn Behavioural Observation', which can assist us to understand your baby's own unique strengths and challenges, if your baby has already been born.
Learn to read your baby, not the books!
Cost of In Home 4th Trimester Education
$250 for a two hour visit.
Longer consultations can be arranged by request, at an additional cost.
Suitable as a refresher for those who have already had a Parenting Preparation session, or those who wish to gain new skills before or after the arrival of their new baby.
Please contact us if you have any further questions,
inquiries or would like to make a booking.