Antenatal Parenting Preparation is designed ideally to be done between the 20th and 30th week of pregnancy, before you buy too much baby gear and you’ve still got time to prepare. Our class sizes are strictly limited to ensure all participants have their individual learning needs met.
The topics covered in the pre-class Ebook, during class and in your Parent Prep Manual are:
- Preparing for baby – Parenting begins the moment your new baby is born. How do you prepare your home, your relationships and yourself with skills and knowledge to get through those vital first few months? Save time and money by finding out which equipment you really need and don’t need and how to purchase the safest baby gear possible!
- Getting to know your newborn – What do they look like? How do they behave? Learn how to ‘read’ your baby’s own unique cues. ‘Building’ your baby’s brain and how to give them the best start in life you can!
- The Early Parenting phase for you and baby – ‘The 4th Trimester’. Enhancing the bond with baby and how to have the best transition to parenting you can possibly have!
- Newborn Sleep and Settling – How does a newborn sleep and how to help them calm and settle
- Safe Sleep – Sleeping equipment, SIDS guidelines and recommendations
- Getting out and about – How to purchase the safest pram and infant car seat. Babywearing/ baby carrying safety and options (hands on)
- Nappy options – Lets look at all the options and get busy changing some nappies on the ‘stunt babies!
- Complete Baby care – How do you hold, wash, feed, burp and care for your new baby?
- Feeding overview – How can you feed your baby? A look at how breastfeeding and artificial feeding works and feeding related equipment
- Hidden dangers in baby products and toys – Minimising your baby’s exposure to toxins and chemicals
- Basic first aid and infant CPR (Hands on CPR with Manikin) – When to worry when your baby is sick and how to save your baby’s life in an emergency!
“We did a Parent Prep class before our first baby came along and couldn’t have found it more helpful. It gave us so much useful and practical information on what we would need when we became first time parents – it was like having an “insider” giving you lots of secret information that’s very hard to get elsewhere! Rebecca was so lovely and friendly and explained things very clearly and in practical terms. Now we are due to have our second baby and I’m already looking back on the information Parent Prep gave us to refresh my memory! Couldn’t recommend this course more highly if you want to get well prepared and load yourself up with lots of great baby care and parenting knowledge”
November 2017 Class: Book Now
(final class for 2017) Only 1 couple space left!
Date: Sunday 12th November, 2017
Time: 9:30 am – 4:30 pm (est. finish)
Location: The CoworkCo
421 Lygon St
Melbourne, Vic 3057
PLEASE NOTE: If these group class dates are not suitable for your family, this education can be booked as an In Home Parenting Preparation session by appointment.